Did He Hit You?: A Memoir of Secrets, Survival, and Subtle Abuse
BY AUBRI BLACK
“A powerful, important voice exploring the devastating impact of coercive control.” – Karen McAndless-Davis, coauthor of When Love Hurts
Aubri had the perfect marriage, or at least that’s what she thought. Behind the elaborate facade, she battled constant confusion as she navigated the ups and downs of a destructive marriage.
Through a series of unexpected events, she realizes that not everyone is who they say they are and that some build their entire lives on words alone. As secrets emerge and survival becomes paramount, the truth can no longer hide. Aubri finally discovers what she’s been experiencing all along.
This is first-time author Aubri Black’s #metoo #churchtoo story. This is the story of what happens when you are young and naive, desperate to be in love, shackled by patriarchal religious views, and most of all, married.
The question abuse victims often hear is, “Did he hit you?” This book is one survivor’s answer.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Aubri Black is a first-time author, writer, poet and blogger. She wrote her first story, about a stolen birthday cake, when she was nine. She hasn’t stopped writing since. She graduated from Royal Roads University with a Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication and has worked in marketing ever since.
Aubri’s perfect world is one where women’s stories are heard. A world that sees and treats everyone as equals. A world where women support and encourage each other. A world where people know how deeply they are loved by God.
Aubri is passionate about raising awareness about domestic abuse, talking about mental health, learning to heal from trauma, and pursuing personal growth. She lives in Canada’s rainy west coast with her husband and daughter.
Imprint: Fearlessly Authentic
On Sale: 06/07/2019
List Price: 20.00 CAD
BISAC1: NON FICTION / Memoir / Domestic Partner Abuse
BISAC2: NON FICTION / Memoir
- Joy Around the World: A Multilingual Colouring Bookmegan2020-12-17T05:27:21+00:00
- Cooking with Mamma Marzia: Authentic Italian Recipes for the Whole Familymegan2020-12-17T05:27:50+00:00
- Just Curious: A Notebook of Questionsmegan2020-12-17T05:30:20+00:00
- The Ugly Christmas Sweater Rebellionmegan2020-11-25T07:51:46+00:00
- Love Like A Mamamegan2020-11-25T07:36:35+00:00
- Reo The Ranch Dogmegan2020-11-25T07:20:13+00:00
- Be Safe and Mightymegan2020-09-23T06:43:25+00:00
- Lions in the Grass: A Marketing Insider’s Guide to Mass Persuasion (and Why You Want the Sh!t You Want)megan2020-12-16T21:52:22+00:00
- teardrops + confettimegan2020-09-23T06:46:59+00:00
- Making The Love You Wantmegan2020-10-10T05:14:54+00:00
- Lou Who?megan2020-08-31T03:17:24+00:00
- The Common Wifemegan2020-08-31T03:00:42+00:00
- Voice of a Wildfiremegan2020-08-31T03:01:27+00:00
- Can’t Breathe: A Memoirmegan2020-08-31T03:47:48+00:00
- Smart Petsmegan2020-08-31T03:03:44+00:00
- Living In The Redmegan2020-08-31T03:04:40+00:00
- Mama Needs A Vacaymegan2020-08-31T03:05:04+00:00
- Analogies, Energies & Celestial Bodiesmegan2020-08-31T03:05:26+00:00
- Mama Needs A Drinkmegan2020-08-31T03:05:51+00:00
- Demons at the Doorstepmegan2020-08-31T03:06:34+00:00
- An Unnatural Choicemegan2020-08-31T03:07:04+00:00
- The Accomplishment Journalmegan2020-08-31T03:07:57+00:00
- Girl it’s Not You (it’s definitely him)megan2020-08-31T03:08:22+00:00
- Empower Your Worthmegan2020-08-31T02:57:58+00:00
- Our Interrupted Fairy Talemegan2020-04-30T22:48:55+00:00
- The Adventures of Richard & Robertmegan2020-08-31T02:59:43+00:00
- Warriors & Heroes of a Different Kindmegan2020-08-31T02:23:40+00:00
- The Soul Union: The Conclusion to The Soul Contractmegan2020-08-31T02:25:02+00:00
- Own Your Piece of the Earth: Everything You Need to Know about Mortgages in Canada’s Major Housing Marketsmegan2020-08-31T03:00:11+00:00
- The HR Insider: How to land your dream job, and keep it!megan2020-08-31T03:19:09+00:00
- Awaken The Wildness Withinmegan2020-08-31T03:20:22+00:00
- Newport Janemegan2020-08-31T03:21:47+00:00
- The Final Swipe: Heal Your Heart, Find Your Person, and End the Dating Search for Goodmegan2020-08-31T03:23:05+00:00
- My Sober Little Moonmegan2020-08-31T03:24:25+00:00
- I Don’t Want Tomegan2020-04-26T22:22:24+00:00
- Beneath This Skyemegan2020-08-31T03:25:04+00:00
- The Unravellingmegan2020-08-31T03:28:59+00:00
- Don’t Call The Officemegan2020-04-30T22:48:35+00:00
- Finn and the Magic Backpackmegan2020-08-31T03:30:15+00:00
- Begin Within: A Memoir of Self-Destructive Dating and Self-Discovering Divinitymegan2020-08-31T03:31:24+00:00
- Finn and the Friends of the Forestmegan2020-08-31T03:48:44+00:00