“Katie Bieksa is a ‘can’t put it down kind of writer. Her first book is masterful, full of intriguing characters, sizzling plot and honest insights into the nature of love and relationships. The perfect summer beach read.”
Mark Winston, winner of the 2015 Governor General’s Literary Award
From the outside, Ellen has it all: a glamorous new life in a sun-soaked city more like a movie set than the small Northern town where she grew up, and her very own McDreamy. But being married to a gorgeous, brilliant cardiac surgeon also means standing in his shadow, putting aside her dreams to follow his—and having way too much time home alone to think about how much she’s given up to follow him to California.
While Ellen loses touch with herself and the people she loves, she’s welcomed by sophisticated women who approach life and marriage in ways that make her question her small-town values. When she learns shattering information about her husband—and then meets an irresistible, dangerously attentive man—the questions she asks herself become more urgent.
Who are we without our work, home, family and friends? What is happy?
In Newport Jane, Katie Bieksa takes us on a thrilling, delicious and sometimes heartbreaking journey into the darkness of the fears we all share and the wreckage they can leave in their wake.
“Looking at our wedding picture now, it’s all him…. Even with the sun directly above the two of us, he somehow caught the best light.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Katie Bieksa grew up in Ontario, Canada. She graduated from Brock University with degrees in both English Literature and Women’s Studies. She now lives in Newport Beach, California with her Husband, Kevin, and her children, Cole and Reese.
Imprint: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
On Sale: 06/15/2018
List Price: 19.99 CAD
BISAC1: FICTION / Contemporary Women’s Fiction
Awards: Winner, 2018 Canadian Book Club Awards, Fiction
- Smart Petsmegan2020-05-01T19:03:03+00:00
- Living In The Redmegan2020-04-30T22:58:36+00:00
- Mama Needs A Vacaymegan2020-04-30T22:46:54+00:00
- Analogies, Energies & Celestial Bodiesmegan2020-04-30T22:46:48+00:00
- Can’t Breathe: A Memoirmegan2020-04-30T22:46:43+00:00
- Mama Needs A Drinkmegan2020-04-30T23:01:44+00:00
- Demons at the Doorstepmegan2020-04-30T22:47:15+00:00
- An Unnatural Choicemegan2020-04-30T22:47:09+00:00
- The Accomplishment Journalmegan2020-04-30T22:59:23+00:00
- Girl it’s Not You (it’s definitely him)megan2020-04-30T23:01:58+00:00
- Empower Your Worthmegan2020-04-30T22:59:53+00:00
- Our Interrupted Fairy Talemegan2020-04-30T22:48:55+00:00
- The Adventures of Richard & Robertmegan2020-04-26T21:07:41+00:00
- Warriors & Heroes of a Different Kindmegan2020-04-26T21:43:52+00:00
- The Soul Union: The Conclusion to The Soul Contractmegan2020-04-26T21:44:46+00:00
- Own Your Piece of the Earth: Everything You Need to Know about Mortgages in Canada’s Major Housing Marketsmegan2020-04-26T21:45:57+00:00
- The HR Insider: How to land your dream job, and keep it!megan2020-04-26T21:46:54+00:00
- Awaken The Wildness Withinmegan2020-04-26T22:13:32+00:00
- Newport Janemegan2020-04-26T21:48:40+00:00
- The Final Swipe: Heal Your Heart, Find Your Person, and End the Dating Search for Goodmegan2020-04-26T21:49:57+00:00
- My Sober Little Moonmegan2020-04-26T21:50:44+00:00
- I Don’t Want Tomegan2020-04-26T22:22:24+00:00
- Beneath This Skyemegan2020-04-30T22:49:50+00:00
- The Unravellingmegan2020-04-30T22:50:05+00:00
- Don’t Call The Officemegan2020-04-30T22:48:35+00:00
- Finn and the Magic Backpackmegan2020-04-30T23:00:39+00:00
- Begin Within: A Memoir of Self-Destructive Dating and Self-Discovering Divinitymegan2020-04-30T22:49:24+00:00