BY LAESA FAITH
“Beautifully rendered – honest and raw…
Laesa’s writing will bring you to tears and fill you with hope.”
Hilary Yancey, author of Forgiving God
A child born too early, clinging to life. Her heart is incorrectly formed. Her airway is compromised. She is unable to swallow or breathe.
A mother losing, finding and remaking herself, again and again.
A family who refuses to give up.
Can’t Breathe is a young mom’s compelling recollection of her medically complex daughter’s journey toward life. Evelyn Faith survives–she even thrives. But her path is unimaginably hard, riddled with pain and trauma, hope and miracles, and incessant uncertainty.
This beautifully written, harrowing book captures the nuances of life with a special-needs child. It is a map of the boundlessness of the human spirit and the love that drives parents onward whatever the cost. In this debut memoir, Laesa Kim reaches into her darkest and most private depths to share the truth–the struggles and joys she and mothers like her face each day.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
When Laesa’s daughter was born she found herself immersed in the role of medical mom, navigating such unfamiliar territory. She turned to writing as a means to make sense of it all.
It has become more than simply spilling words. It is the spilling of truth. Her truth.
Laesa has found freedom in sharing her rich and diverse stories – the stories layered with connective tissue, pieces that build bridges deep within us. It is these bridges that have inspired and uplifted her heart the most.
Perhaps they will do the same for you.
Imprint: Paradox Publishing
On Sale: 03/06/2020
List Price: 20.00 CAD
BISAC1: NON FICTION / Memoir / Medical Biographies
BISAC2: NON FICTION / Memoir / Motherhood
Highest Amazon Rank: #1
- The Common Wifemegan2020-06-15T21:20:54+00:00
- Voice of a Wildfiremegan2020-06-13T00:21:14+00:00
- Finn and the Friends of the Forestmegan2020-05-25T22:07:43+00:00
- Can’t Breathe: A Memoirmegan2020-05-25T22:11:01+00:00
- Smart Petsmegan2020-05-01T19:03:03+00:00
- Living In The Redmegan2020-04-30T22:58:36+00:00
- Mama Needs A Vacaymegan2020-04-30T22:46:54+00:00
- Analogies, Energies & Celestial Bodiesmegan2020-04-30T22:46:48+00:00
- Mama Needs A Drinkmegan2020-04-30T23:01:44+00:00
- Demons at the Doorstepmegan2020-04-30T22:47:15+00:00
- An Unnatural Choicemegan2020-04-30T22:47:09+00:00
- The Accomplishment Journalmegan2020-04-30T22:59:23+00:00
- Girl it’s Not You (it’s definitely him)megan2020-04-30T23:01:58+00:00
- Empower Your Worthmegan2020-04-30T22:59:53+00:00
- Our Interrupted Fairy Talemegan2020-04-30T22:48:55+00:00
- The Adventures of Richard & Robertmegan2020-04-26T21:07:41+00:00
- Warriors & Heroes of a Different Kindmegan2020-04-26T21:43:52+00:00
- The Soul Union: The Conclusion to The Soul Contractmegan2020-04-26T21:44:46+00:00
- Own Your Piece of the Earth: Everything You Need to Know about Mortgages in Canada’s Major Housing Marketsmegan2020-04-26T21:45:57+00:00
- The HR Insider: How to land your dream job, and keep it!megan2020-04-26T21:46:54+00:00
- Awaken The Wildness Withinmegan2020-04-26T22:13:32+00:00
- Newport Janemegan2020-04-26T21:48:40+00:00
- The Final Swipe: Heal Your Heart, Find Your Person, and End the Dating Search for Goodmegan2020-04-26T21:49:57+00:00
- My Sober Little Moonmegan2020-04-26T21:50:44+00:00
- I Don’t Want Tomegan2020-04-26T22:22:24+00:00
- Beneath This Skyemegan2020-04-30T22:49:50+00:00
- The Unravellingmegan2020-04-30T22:50:05+00:00
- Don’t Call The Officemegan2020-04-30T22:48:35+00:00
- Finn and the Magic Backpackmegan2020-04-30T23:00:39+00:00
- Begin Within: A Memoir of Self-Destructive Dating and Self-Discovering Divinitymegan2020-04-30T22:49:24+00:00